Look at these gorgeous bags!! Ashley Watson designs them from Vancouver, Canada, where they are also produced (no sweatshop labor!). Not only are they pretty, super-soft and fairly made, Watson crafts the bags from old leather jackets (so that’s where all those 80′s style cheesy motorcycle coats went!). Not exactly vegan, but as a vegetarian who tries to avoid animal products, I wouldn’t have a problem carrying one of these. Not only are the bags each stitched by hand, but they come in the most gorgeous colors. Here’s a bag that will last for years to come; as leather wears over time it just looks cooler and cooler.
An Eco-Chick is a person who works, in whatever ways are in their power, to reduce their impact, keep informed, and stand up for human, animal and planetary health. Learn more »
- Marina Abramovic and Ulay: Because We Never Stop Loving Silently Those We Once Loved Out Loud
- Make Your Own Energy Bars! 5 Healthy, Natural Snack Recipes
- Lead-Free Lipstick: Why You Should Nix Maybelline and L’Oreal, Plus Healthy Alternatives
- Profits Before People: 7 of the World’s Most Irresponsible Companies
- Are Aveda Products as Safe and Natural as They Claim?