Environmentally aware party planner Danielle Venokur hosted the “Sustainable Celebrations” event at the new DWR Tools for Living store in Soho. Venokur’s company dvGreen, is a sustainable event design and production company that utilizes organic food, flowers, and table linens, tree-free paper invitations, and more to create incredible events that you can be proud of forever.
At the event, Venokur incorporated items from the DWR: Tools for Living Assortment into place settings for both the adults’ and kids’ holiday table. I thought that the displays were brilliant and full of many great ideas for the holidays.
Venokur shared the following tips that you can use in your home to create a memorable and sustainable holiday meal:
1) Revamp and reuse scarves that you have around your home or found in a thrift shop; use them as is or accentuate them with organic cotton trim to make them your own; the result, unique vintage chic napkins.
2) If you live upstate or near trees, incorporate fallen branches and foliage to create your own custom center piece
3) Use LED candles instead instead of regular candles, they last longer and retain their appearance for many, many years. <
Tips for creating a special sustainable children’s table:
1) Use bamboo flatware for the table setting such as the collection from bambu.
2) Instead of a linen table cloth, line the table with craft paper. The children can draw stencils and color leaves, snowflakes, and other holiday motifs on the table and make it their own.
3) Using organic cotton balls, you can create little snowmen place settings.
4) Reuse craft paper to make a paper flower center piece together with the children before the dinner begins. Place the flowers in a refurbished vintage container and then the children will have something to celebrate- of their own making! during their meal.