If you do, check out Project Green Search. It’s the model competition for women who want to use their natural beauty to give back to the planet, and proves that brains, compassion and community involvement can definitely go along with fabulous looks.
I’m excited for this competition, because not only is this the first green model competition of it’s kind, but because I’m a judge, along with Darren Moore, eco model Summer Rayne Oakes, green cosmetics guru and model Josie Maran, eco fashion designer Deborah Lindquist and Michael Kalinski, CEO of Omniquest Media.
* If not yet represented, a contract with Option Model Management, an international model management agency for print, runway and television.
* A professional photography session complete with make-up, wardrobe and portfolio images.
* A 20 piece Eco-Fashion wardrobe.
* A natural and organic beauty shopping spree at Future Natural.
* A feature in Organic Spa Magazine.
* A cover feature on Electrifying Times Magazine.
* A spread in Coco Eco Magazine.
* A story in Route 66 Pulse.
* A one year stint as the face of Project Green Search.
* Guidance and introductions by LOHAS to sustainable beauty, fashion and other companies.
* More prizes to be announced in the coming days.
Good Luck! Competition closes on September 16th and is open to those 17 and older.
The competition finals will be held during Portland Fashion Week, the most sustainable fashion week in the U.S featuring only independent and eco designers, Oct 7-11, 2009.