We’re all about farmer’s market —> to skin—> to table!
Last week we brought you 10 DIY skincare remedies from the farmer’s market which were inspired by a new garden lifestyle publication we’re obsessed with: Garden Collage. From cucumber-honey toners to strawberry mint masks and blueberry-aloe eye repair, these DIY beauty treatments are not only easy to pull together, they’re packed antioxidant-packed and will feel so delicious on your skin.
We’ve taken the same farmer’s market finds to create two springtime salad recipes. Your skin is the largest organ of your body so it stands to reason that you should be able to eat whatever you put on your skin.
Both recipes are unique in flavor, easy-to-make, and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
STRAWBERRY, MINT AND RHUBARB SALAD WITH SUNFLOWER SEEDS
2 pounds of strawberries, hulled, quartered
1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 rhubarb stalk, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of raw sugar
- Toss rhubarb, raw sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl
- Let sit until rhubarb is slighly softened and releases its juices, approximately 30 minutes
- Toss with strawberries, mint, and sunflower seeds
1 cucumber thinly sliced
2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablesppons of olive oil
1 tabespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta, optional
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers, blueberries, and scallions
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper
- Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss to combine
Visit Garden Collage for a bounty of DIY projects, garden inspiration, and travel journals.
This post is sponsored. Images by Lindsay E. Brown.