Image via Flickr User Lindsay Maizland
So, hopefully, by the end of this week you’ve come to appreciate elephants as much as I do. They are incredibly intelligent, sensitive creatures, and their population is dropping rapidly. (Scientists estimate that there are fewer than 400,000 African elephants and 40,000 Asian elephants left in the wild.)
If, however, these facts and statistics don’t convince you to contribute to the end of elephant poaching, your mind may be changed by this final factor:
So, without further ado, here are five of my favorite adorable elephant videos from around the internet. Enjoy.
1. This cute little calf who thinks a conservationist might be his mama
2. This beautiful story of an elephant who loved her dog as much as I love mine
3. This little guy who thinks there’s nothing more exciting than birds
4. This little lady who remembers the importance of looking both ways when crossing the street
5. And this tough guy who DOES NOT WANT YOU TO MAKE FUN OF HIM 🙁
So please, do your part to help out the elephants. And for goodness’ sake, don’t buy ivory!
Image from Flickr user Martin Heigan